Saturday, September 16, 2006

One month down and what a month it has been. I celebrated my 19th year of service on the 3rd, I participated in our 911 memorial service and we welcomed three new Chief Petty Officers into the Chief's Mess on the 15th. Monday (18th) Robyn and I will celebrate our 13th anniversary.

Thank you to the New Pointe Homemakers for their Care Package I received. The Peanut M&M's got two thumbs up.

The tunover with EOD Mobile Unit Eleven went well and they are now back at their home duty stations on the west coast after a well executed tour of duty. Our Counter IED mission continues and the Iraqi people are slowly taking on more and more responsibility for their country. Hopefully we will begin to start pulling forces back before too long (crossed fingers). My crew of five continues to do good things around the Battalion by keeping our satellite and networks up and running so I can send emails and post this Blog, LOL.

The temperatures are starting to come down (100 @ dayt and 76 @ night) now if the wind would only stop blowing all this dust around it would not be so bad.

Well it is getting late so I will end this a have a good weekend and a love you all, oh and pictures to follow.

Chris (aka the squid)



Three new CPO's

EODC Paul Darga Memorial

Sandstorm over our neighbor compound

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how time flies ,happy anniversry to you .cool picts.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris - I'm an old friend of your dad's (retired sub chief) and he gave me the link to your blog. Thanks for the glimpse of a squid's life in Iraq - whoda thunk a gang of navy CPOs would take up residence in Tikrit, of all places. Your dad is very proud of you and I'm sure he'll be VERY happy when you get back to the USA.

Take care. Stay tough. Be safe.

Chris Dudas said...

Thanks Bob, just goes to show ya the tenacity of CPO's. We held transition night with the 3 CPO selects and then did the pinning and cover ceremony the next day.