Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Hi everyone. Another interesting couple of weeks here in Iraq. I traveled down to Baghdad last week for four days visiting our Task Force Command Center and also stopped in to see one of my guys I have doing some temporay duty down there. I went to Camp Victory which is located right next to Baghdad International Airport (BIAP). Apparently the base used to be a hunting and fishing preserve under Saddam. The center piece is Al Faw Palace which is where Multi National Corps - Iraq (MNC-I) is located. The big boss is Multi National Forces - Iraq (MNF-I) located in the center of Baghdad in the Green Zone. There are a number of lake houses ringing the main lake that the palace is located in the center of. If you where one of the inside group of the Hussein's you would be invited to the lake for some hunting and fishing.






















After alot of troubleshooting we finally have our satellite voice system up and running. Using this we can talk almost anywhere with a unit that has the same equipment.

I hope everyone has a good Turkey Day tomorrow, I hope we get turkey at the DFAC.........


Jolly Roger 14 out

No comments: