Sunday, October 29, 2006

Salutations all. Busy, busy, busy.... Things have really been hustling around here. Last weekend my Commodore was here for a visit to see how his EOD teams are doing. He is my direct boss back in the states, so I had dinner with him and the Command Master Chief. Also this weekend the Master Cheif Petty Officer of the Navy (MCPON) was here on Speicher as part of his Middle East tour of the Sailors that are serving as the Boots on Ground force, we had luch with him at the dining facility.

As soon as the visits were over I was awakened early by my over night watch telling me our generator for my system I maintain was faulting out. It kept idling lower and lower until it turned itself off. Come to find out it was dirty fuel filters. Well during all this we had shutdown our networks but when we brought the generator back up our unclassified email server would not come back up. Well 12 hours later I finally got it repaired, I literally danced a jig (luckily only one person witnessed it).

Yesterday we receivd the gravel for our compound to cover all the dirt up and in a nick of time because last night we had one heck of a rain/hail, yes, hail storm. About 1:30 AM it woke me up and I found water slowly coming in under my door because it was driving in under the overhang. The water only came in a few inches by the time the storm passed. So now that we have gravel almost everywhere we will not be tracking mud all over the place.

Aunt Gwen had sent me a card with a typical New England fall day pictured on it. Here the only thing to gauge the seasonal change is bang, one morning you wake up and it in the 50's and it has rained overnight and by lunch it is in the high 80's and dry.

Well that's about it for now. Until the next post.....

See ya.

Chris

No comments: