Friday, October 13, 2006

Well, another week down. After two days of light sprinkles it actually rained here to day, all told it was a 5 minute downpoar and 45 minutes later it was dry, reminds me of when I lived in Charleston, SC.

We had two big wigs in the camp this week: RADM Macy and MG Hahn, both concerning the fight against the IED threat out here. Both visits went well.

I Wish I had more to report but that is the bane of our shops existence out here: The Maytag repair men...... except we work in systems administration and are presumed to know everything about everything computer and communications....

Well with the weather changecomes the cooler temperatures, it is 85 as I write this and the sun is setting. So now the only major pain is all the dust, not much can be done about that though.

Left to right: Me, RADM Macy, CDR McKinney (EODMU2 CO) and CAPT Brakke









Me on a JERRV (primary EOD response vehicle) after checking out some of the comm gear.









Well that is about all for what is turning out to be my weekly edition of the ole blog.

Hugs and kisses for those that want them and a big bear hug for the rest.

Jolly Roger 14 out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey I here you have a new member to your group....squeaks? I beleive that's the name Robyn mentioned!!!! Must be getting really cold for his visit ;->

Lynn